What is an International Call Forwarding Service?
An international call forwarding service allows its customer to create local telephone numbers anywhere in the world, and route inbound calls from those locations to any telephone number they choose.
If a US-based business wishes to begin reaching customer in Europe, they can contact an international call forwarding service to set up local telephone numbers in the areas they want to reach. Local residents dial those numbers, and calls are sent to the business headquarters in the US. This is a seamless process, meaning the customers in Europe are not charged for an international call, and from their end of the phone, cannot tell that the call was routed an ocean away.
Features of call forwarding services include:
- One system to support users in multiple locations.
- Calls can be forwarded at certain times of the day to certain locations.
- Companies can eliminate multiple, international vendors and use one vendor for all local toll free numbers that they own.
- Adding new virtual numbers does not require extra hardware.
The benefits of choosing an international call forwarding service include:
- The ability to advertise and use local telephone numbers anywhere in the world.
- The ability to handle inbound calls from anywhere in the world from one, central office, or as many locations as they chose.
- Companies can route international calls to their own, locally-managed call centers, creating consistency and improving customer experience.
- Organizations can develop an international presence and cultivate an international customer base without opening new offices.
- During times of emergency or unforeseen disaster, international calls can be routed to another location in order to prevent calls from being missed or dropped.
- Companies can set phones to ring at several locations at once, connecting the call to the first agent to answer.
- Call reporting allows leadership to collect data that can improve hiring, scheduling, and workflow.